Fly Fishing Taster Course
4 Raten 36,12 € mit sezzle
4 Raten 36,12 € mit sezzle
Head to one of the most beautiful areas in Derbyshire for this fun and informative Fly Fishing Taster Course. You’ll be part of a group of up to three people headed by a professional instructor for a 4 hour hands-on fly fishing lesson at a choice of two locations. Located on the edge of the Peak District National Park, this area is known for its superb rainbow trout lakes, so you’ll be well-placed to catch yourself some dinner.
Learn about basic casting, watercraft, tackle and line weights in this lesson, which is designed to give you practical advice on how to fly fish, even if you’ve never picked up a rod before. Relax as you soak up the tranquil surroundings of this spectacular area which features a range of wildlife along the banks of the lake. You’ll learn how to release your catch before you leave, armed with the skills it takes to pick up a rod and fly fish again in the future.
- Group introduction and safety briefing
- Tuition on tackle, line weights etc
- Tuition on releasing or dispatching your catch to take home
- Choice of two locations
- Experience gift pack
What happens on the day?
On arrival you’ll be greeted by your professional instructor and join the rest of your small group (up to two other participants) before making your way to the lakes. After a short safety briefing, you will start your fly fishing lesson by assembling your equipment and learning about the tackle you will be using during the session. You’ll examine the different types of flies available and get an understanding of the types and weights of lines used in this sport before moving on to the art of casting.
Learn how to put out an overhead cast and shoot line whilst you're assessed by your instructor at a rate that is comfortable to both you and the rest of the group. You’ll enjoy a break before heading back for some more fishing.
Using the techniques you learned earlier in the lesson, you will then try your hand at casting on your own, using wet or dry flies to try and catch some of the hard-fighting rainbow trout that populate the lakes. If you are lucky enough to hook a fish, your instructor will be on hand to help you handle it and teach you how to play and land the fish. You will then learn how to release your fish carefully back into the water or should you wish to take home and eat what you have caught, you will be shown how to dispatch it humanely and given cooking tips before you leave.
- Minimum age: 18
- Included with the information pack will be a medical info form you must complete prior to the session and bring with you on the day. This is so they have information about any medical conditions they need to be aware so in the event of an emergency the form will be given to paramedics to assist
- Spectators are welcome but will not be able to participate
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
- Vouchers are valid for 9 months from the date of issue.
- This experience is available on selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year. Some date exclusions may apply, such as during the Christmas and New Year period.
- Please note there will be a surcharge of £8 when booking the course at Barlow Trout Fishery
- We recommend you book at least six weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
- Please allow approximately 4 hours for the whole experience. The time spent participating is approximately 3 hours 30 minutes.
What should I wear?
You are advised to wear layers of clothing such as t-shirts, fleeces and waterproofs (top and trousers if possible), warm, thick socks under wellington boots, sturdy shoes or boots. You are also advised to take sunglasses and a peaked cap or hat.
What about the weather?
If the weather forecast is deemed unsafe then the session may be cancelled and a new date will be offered, you will be called with 24 hours’ notice.
You are advised to call the supplier the day before you travel.
Please ensure that you take any medicines or inhalers in a waterproof bag.
Whether you are a complete beginner or have fished before, you will need to purchase a rod licence from your local post office or online. This is to comply with current UK law. The current cost for this is £3.75. Information about the rod licence is included in your information pack (sent upon booking) and they can advise you upon booking.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
- Derbyshire - Dronfield
- Derbyshire – Bamford
Zurzeit gibt es noch keine Bewertungen.
Bewerte ein Produkt und gewinne einen 100€ Gutschein.